· Numerous tables containing information on more than 1900 chemicals, organic and inorganic
· Updating supplement by leading industry specialist on latest EC regulations regarding hazardous chemicals
This handbook includes the principal methodological tools and data required to comprehend, evaluate and execute analysis of chemical risk in practical working situations.
A unique feature of the book, in addition to the extensive theoretical treatments of the subject, is the multitude of dangerous property tables, a remarkably extensive compilation, providing data on more than 1900 products, organic and inorganic. These tables are supplemented through the text by numerous figures and other tables, helping make this publication both comprehensive and accessible.
An additional feature of this book is the description of numerous experiments conducted in the author’s laboratory, designed to test the various hazard test criteria in current use. Full assessments of the results are presented and these compared with the results of other procedures in current use. This feature will provide valuable material for those engaged in research on the subject, as well as the specialist practitioner who, as the author is able to show, cannot always take the results of conventional wisdom and mandatory regulation for granted in ensuring safety.
This book is intended
* for safety specialists in industry who are concerned with the manipulation of chemical products
* for process chemists and safety chemists who need to evaluate chemical hazards in chemical plant
* for workers involved with the development of analytical procedures in industrial laboratories and in university research departments.
* as an essential reference work, trainers and chemistry lecturers who wish to incorporate the subject of chemical risk in their teaching.
Chemists; chemical engineers; safety specialists in industry and academia