* Hard-to-find, practical coverage from a highly visible figure in the Java development world.
* Among the first books to cover the latest release of Struts, version 1.1.
* Reviews all the technologies comprising Struts, including JavaServer Pages, Servlets, XML, Custom Tags, and web and application servers.
* Teaches readers the development practices-including design, debugging, internationalization, and implementation-essential to Struts development.
* Via a companion web site, provides downloadable sample code and data for use in a Struts-based database application.
Struts is an open-source framework that integrates with standard Java technologies and lets developers build web applications quickly and effectively. In much the same way that Java has overtaken C++, Struts is well poised to become the framework for web application development because of its ability to address the types of issues engineers face when building large-scale web applications.
The Struts Framework: Practical Guide for Java Programmers meets the needs of this large audience--estimated today at 2.5 million Java programmers and growing. It provides the systematic exploration required by newcomers as well as the step-by-step instruction for more experienced readers eager to exploit Struts to the fullest. Devoted to the latest version of the framework (v. 1.1) and vividly illustrated with a thorough sample application throughout, this book is an essential resource for all programmers who want to be part of the next stage in the evolution of the web.
Java software engineers and developers, and enterprise programming students