* Contains a complete reference of the low-level shader language for both DirectX 8 and DirectX 9
* Provides an interactive shader demonstration tool (RenderMonkeyTM) for testing and experimenting
* Includes a CD ROM containing all shader examples, source code, and tools, plus the DirectX SDK
* Maintains an updated version of the detailed shader reference section at www.directx.com
* Teaches the latest shader programming techniques for high-performance real-time 3D graphics
Now that PC users have entered the realm of programmable hardware, graphics programmers can create 3D images and animations comparable to those produced by RenderMan's procedural programs—-but in real time. Here is a book that will bring this cutting-edge technology to your computer.
Beginning with the mathematical basics of vertex and pixel shaders, and building to detailed accounts of programmable shader operations, Real-Time Shader Programming provides the foundation and techniques necessary for replicating popular cinema-style 3D graphics as well as creating your own real-time procedural shaders.
A compelling writing style, color illustrations throughout, and scores of online resources make Real-Time Shader Programming an indispensable tutorial/reference for the game developer, graphics programmer, game artist, or visualization programmer, to create countless real-time 3D effects.
Professional game developers, programmers, and real-time graphics programmers. Students in computer animation and computer graphics studying game programming, real-time graphics, rendering, modeling, simulation, and virtual worlds and interactive environments on the web.