* Covers all SP1 and SP2 updates
* Details strategies for patch management
* Provides key techniques to maintain security application upgrades and updates
This is the first of two books serving as an expanded and up-dated version of Windows Server 2003 Security Infrastructures for Windows 2003 Server R2 and SP1 & SP2. The authors choose to encompass this material within two books in order to illustrate the intricacies of the different paths used to secure MS Windows server networks.
Since its release in 2003 the Microsoft Exchange server has had two important updates, SP1 and SP2. SP1, allows users to increase their security, reliability and simplify the administration of the program. Within SP1, Microsoft has implemented R2 which improves identity and access management across security-related boundaries. R2 also improves branch office server management and increases the efficiency of storage setup and management. The second update, SP2 minimizes spam, pop-ups and unwanted downloads. These two updated have added an enormous amount of programming security to the server software.
• IT Specialists and Solution Architects involved in the planning and design of a Windows Server 2003 infrastructure.
• Windows consultants that want to understand at a deep level how security in Windows Server 2003 works.
• Security Consultants that want to get a clear view on Microsoft OS security.
• IT Managers that want to develop a vision around the security of their Windows Server 2003 infrastructure.