- Book prepared by an interdisciplinary and international group of bio-nanomaterial scientists and dental/oral biomedical researchers
- Comprehensive professional reference for the subject covering materials fabrication and use of materials for all major diagnostic and therapeutic dental applications - repair,restoration, regeneration, implants and prevention
- Book focuses in depth on the materials manufacturing processes involved with emphasis on pre-clinical and clinical applications, use and biocompatibility
New nanomaterials are leading to a range of emerging dental treatments that utilize more biomimetic materials that more closely duplicate natural tooth structure (or bone, in the case of implants). The use of nanostructures that will work in harmony with the body’s own regenerative processes (eg, to restore tooth structure or alveolar bone) are moving into clinical practice. This book brings together an international team of experts from the fields of nanomaterials, biomedical engineering and dentistry, to cover the new materials and techniques with potential for use intra-orally or extra-orally for the restoration, fixation, replacement, or regeneration of hard and soft tissues in and about the oral cavity and craniofacial region. New dental nanotechnologies include the use of advanced inorganic and organic materials, smart and biomimetic materials, tissue engineering and drug delivery strategies.
- Industry sector / academic specialisation
- Dental biomaterials
- Dental researchers and clinical practitioners, primarily in the areas of dental materials, restorative dentistry, implantology, oral surgery and periodontics.
- Dental and orthopaedic implant companies
- Companies manufacturing Dental composite resin (tooth coloured restorative filler materials)
- Biotechnology and biopharmaceutical companies producing bone and tissue regenerative biomaterials.
- Biosensor companies
Job title / function
- Nanotechnology students ( postgraduate and doctoral students)
- Dentistry (postgraduate and doctoral students)
- Clinical practitioners (dentistry / dental implants)
- Medicine ( postgraduate and doctoral students)
- Allied health care professionals and students ( postgraduate and doctoral students)
- Biotechnology (postgraduate and doctoral students)
- Biomedical Engineering ( postgraduate and doctoral students)
- Material scientists and students ( postgraduate and doctoral students
Applied researchers and academicians in the field of dentistry, nanotechnology, oral biology, biomaterials, biosensors, microbiology, biomedical nanotechnology and tissue engineering.