- Briefs of cases include capsule, facts, issue, holding, reason and case significance.
- Includes list of "Top Ten" Most Important Cases in Day-to-Day Policing
This popular reference book briefs cases dealing with topics of primary importance to law enforcement officials, including briefs of important cases in the areas of stop and frisk, search and seizure, vehicle searches, confessions and legal liabilities.
Students and beginning professionals in the criminal justice field.
Briefs of Leading Cases in Law Enforcement, 8th Edition
1. Probable Cause
2. The Exclusionary Rule
3. Stop and Frisk
5. Seizures -- In General
6. Searches -- In General
7. Searches after Arrest
8. Searches with Consent
9. Vehicle Stops and Searches
10. Searches of People in Vehicles
12. Electronic Surveillance
13. Plain View and Open Field Searches
14. Lineups and Other Pretrial Identification Procedures
15. Use of Force
16. Confessions and Admissions: Cases Affirming Miranda
17. Confessions and Admissions: Cases Weakening Miranda
18. What Constitutes Interrogation for Miranda Purposes?
19. Right to Counsel Related to Policing
21. Legal Liabilities