- A clear introduction to the PIC 18FXXX microcontroller's architecture
- Numerous projects, including developing wireless and sensor network applications, SD card projects, and multi-tasking; all demonstrated with the block and circuit diagram, program description in PDL, program listing and program description
- New advanced projects, including graphics and touchscreen LCD, sensors such as accelerometers, digital signal processing and filter design, Ethernet programming, Bluetooth and iRDA.
Extensively revised and updated to encompass the latest developments in the PIC 18FXXX series, this book demonstrates how to develop a range of microcontroller applications through a project-based approach. The architecture of the PIC 18FXXX series, typical oscillator, reset, memory, and input-output circuits are covered. After giving an introduction to programming in C, this book describes the project development cycle in full, giving thorough details of the process of editing, compilation, error handling, programming, and an expanded section on the use of specific development tools. This book walks you through tried and tested hands-on projects, including many new, advanced topics such as Ethernet programming, digital signal processing, and RFID technology. This book is ideal for engineers, technicians, hobbyists and students who have knowledge of the basic principles of PIC microcontrollers and want to develop more advanced applications using the 18F series.
This book Includes over fifty projects which are divided into three categories: Basic, Intermediate, and Advanced.
New projects to this edition:
- Logic probe
- Generating sound
- Custom LCD font design
- Hi/Lo game
- Generating various waveforms in real-time
- Ultrasonic height measurement
- Frequency counter
- Reaction timer
- GPS projects
- Closed-loop ON/OFF temperature control
- Bluetooth projects (master and slave)
- RFid projects
- Clock using Real-time-clock (RTC) chip
- RTC alarm project
- Graphics LCD (GLCD) projects
- Barometer+thermometer+altimeter project
- Plotting temperature on GLCD
- Ethernet web browser based control
- Ethernet UDP based control
- Digital signal processing (Low Pass Filter design)
- Automotive LIN bus project
- Automotive CAN bus project
- Multitasking projects (using both cooperative and Round-robin scheduling)
- Unipolar stepper motor projects
- Bipolar stepper motor projects
- Closed-loop ON/OFF DC motor control
Embedded systems engineers working in industry, technicians, electronic hobbyists, undergraduate and graduate students developing embedded systems projects.