* Covers every important aspect of the security officer's job, with several new updates and access to online sources
* Defines key terms and outlines basic information before moving on to more advanced topics
* Each chapter includes an outline, chapter objectives, and follows with review questions to aid in the learning process
* Features numerous examples, illustrations, Web sites, case studies, and new "What if?" scenarios to relate theory to practice
* Serves as a comprehensive study guide for state mandated training and certification exams such as the Certified Protection Officer (CPO) program sponsored by the IFPO
The Security Handbook, Second Edition is a user-friendly guide for security officers and guards, covering everything from introductory information to advanced topics. Whether looking for entry into the profession or development within the security industry, this book offers the practical information, training, and need-to-know techniques for the realization of professional goals.
The Second Edition emphasizes the proper skills required to improve job performance -- customer service, security methods, patrolling, communicating, and report writing. Chapters cover such important topics as arrest law and procedure (including legal liability), self-defense and weapons, a new section on career planning, violence in the workplace, internal theft, burglary, robbery, terrorism, cybercrime, and first response during emergencies. Countermeasures to a variety of threats are explained throughout the book.
Experienced security officers, supervisors, and managers will also find the book useful in outlining the changing roles and responsibilities of the protection officer and for helping train their front line staff.
Written for security and law enforcement students at colleges, universities, and career institutes. An excellent reference for security officers and guards and professionals studying for the C.P.O. and C.P.P. certification exams.