* The only handbook available specifically for Information Systems, and written for both research supervisors and their students
* Content agreed and approved by an international panel of experts, ensuring worldwide relevance
* Includes real life anecdotes to educate, entertain, and contextualise
Research in Information Systems helps supervisors and their students get the most out of the PhD experience. It can be used as a basis of courses for supervisors and their research students.
This book covers:
• the supervisor - student relationship
• practical, social and academic issues
• different models for PhD programs, including US, UK, Latin and Scandinavian models.
Many vignettes of personal experiences and reflections provide context for the material. The book is written by experts - leading international academics in the field of information systems. They all have had wide experience of research supervision over many years in many countries.
Academics supervising research students in information systems and business information systems and PhD research students in IS