· Contributors are internationally renowned experts in their respective areas
· Addresses emerging statistical challenges in epidemiological, biomedical, and pharmaceutical research
· Methods for assessing Biomarkers, analysis of competing risks
· Clinical trials including sequential and group sequential, crossover designs, cluster randomized, and adaptive designs
· Structural equations modelling and longitudinal data analysis
Essential Statistical Methods for Medical Statistics presents only key contributions which have been selected from the volume in the Handbook of Statistics: Medical Statistics, Volume 27 (2009).
While the use of statistics in these fields has a long and rich history, the explosive growth of science in general, and of clinical and epidemiological sciences in particular, has led to the development of new methods and innovative adaptations of standard methods. This volume is appropriately focused for individuals working in these fields. Contributors are internationally renowned experts in their respective areas.
Researchers, graduate students and consultants working in and studying epidemiology and medical statistics. Theorical and applied statisticians at pharmaceutical companies, the FDA, EPA and at other medically related businesses. Libraries.