- Provides a complete reference to polmer nanocomposite material use in tribology from preparation through to selection and use.
- Explains the theory through examples of real-world applications, keeping this high-level topic practical and accessible.
- Includes contributions from more than 20 international tribology experts to offer broad yet detailed coverage of this fast-moving field.
Tribology of Polymeric Nanocomposites
provides a comprehensive description of polymeric nanocomposites, both as bulk materials and as thin surface coatings, and provides rare, focused coverage of their tribological behavior and potential use in tribological applications.
Providing engineers and designers with the preparation techniques, friction and wear mechanisms, property information and evaluation methodology needed to select the right polymeric nanocomposites for the job, this unique book also includes valuable real-world examples of polymeric nanocomposites in action in tribological applications.
Researchers, designers and engineers in academia and industry working with polymer nanocomposites.
Tribology of Polymeric Nanocomposites, 2nd Edition
1. Tribological applications of polymers and their composites: Past, present and future prospects
2. The Effect of Nanoparticle Fillers on Transfer Film Formation and the Tribological Behavior of Polymers
3. Synergistic effects of nanoparticles and traditional tribo-fillers on sliding wear of polymeric hybrid composites
4. The influence of nanoparticle fillers on the friction and wear behavior of polymer matrices
5. Tribological behavior of polymer nanocomposites produced by dispersion of nanofillers in molten thermoplastics
6. Sliding wear performance of epoxy-based nanocomposites
7. Wear simulation of a polymer–steel sliding pair considering temperature- and time-dependent material properties
8. On the friction and wear of carbon nanofiber-reinforced PEEK-based polymer composites
9. Wear behavior of carbon nanotube-reinforced polyethylene and epoxy composites
10. Tribology properties of carbon nanotube-reinforced composites
11. Wear and wear maps of coatings
12. Hybridized carbon nanocomposite thin films: Synthesis, structures and tribological properties
13. Friction and sliding wear of "nanomodified" and coated rubbers
14. Scratch resistance of protective sol-gel coatings on polymeric substrates
15. Scratch behavior of polymeric materials
16. Wear and scratch damage in polymer nanocomposites
17. Polytetrafluoroethylene matrix nanocomposites for tribological applications
18. Development of nanostructured slide coatings for automotive components
19. Friction and wear behavior of PEEK and its composite coatings
20. Surface engineering with micro and nano-sized solid lubricants for enhanced performance of polymer composites and bearings
21. Novel nanocomposites and hybrids for lubricating coating applications
22. A novel Neural Network approach for modeling tribological properties of polyphenylene sulfide reinforced on different scales