- Book covers all aspects of the ice cap and volcano dynamics
- Comprehensive reviews with updated results
- Editors and authors are well established scientists with research experience from Myrdalsjokull
- Standard reference work for Myrdalsjokull
quaternary scientists, physical geographers, glacial geo(morpho)logists, hydrogeolosts, engineers; volcanological community, planetary scientists.
The Myrdalsjokull Ice Cap, Iceland, 1st Edition
1. The Mýrdalsjökull Ice Cap, Iceland. Glacial processes, sediments and landforms on an active volcano – an introduction (J. Krüger, A. Schomacker and K.H. Kjær). 2. Katla and Eyjafjallajökull volcanoes (E. Sturkell, P. Einarsson, F. Sigmundsson, A. Hooper, B.G. Ófeigsson, H. Geirsson and H. Ólafsson). 3. Katla - tephrochronology and eruption history (G. Larsen). 4. Deglaciation and Holocene glacial history of Iceland (Ó. Ingólfsson, H. Norðdahl and A. Schomacker). 5. Variations of Mýrdalsjökull during postglacial and historical times (O. Sigurðsson). 6. Ice-marginal environments: geomorphic and structural genesis of marginal moraines at Mýrdalsjökull (J. Krüger, A. Schomacker and Í.Ö. Benediktsson). 7. Dead-ice environments: a landsystems model for a debris-charged, stagnant lowland glacier margin, Kötlujökull (J. Krüger, K.H. Kjær and A. Schomacker). 8. Subglacial environments, sediments and landforms at the margins of Mýrdalsjökull (A. Schomacker, K.H. Kjær and J. Krüger). 9. Evidence for subglacial deformation and deposition during a complete advance-stagnation cycle of Kötlujökull, Iceland – a case study (K.E.S. Klint, N. Richardt and J. Krüger). 10. Mýrdalsjökull’s forefields under the microscope. The micromorphology of meltout and subglacial tills (J.J.M. van der Meer, S.J. Carr and K.H. Kjær). 11. Volcanogenic jökulhlaups (glacier outburst floods) from Mýrdalsjökull: impacts on proglacial environments (A.J. Russell, R. Duller and N.P. Mountney)