- Named a 2013 Outstanding Academic Title by the American Library Association's Choice publication
- A "how-to" regional geology primer that provides a detailed overview of tectonics, rift systems, passive margins, and cratonic basins
- The principles of regional geological analysis and the main geological and geophysical tools are discussed in detail.
- The tectonics of the world are captured and identified in detail through a series of unique geographic maps, allowing quick access to exact tectonic locations.
- Serves as the ideal introductory overview and complementary reference to the core concepts of regional geology and tectonics offered in volumes two and three in the series.
Expert petroleum geologists David Roberts and Albert Bally bring you Regional Geology and Tectonics: Principles of Geologic Analysis, volume one in a three-volume series covering Phanerozoic regional geology and tectonics. It has been written to provide you with a detailed overview of geologic rift systems, passive margins, and cratonic basins, it features the basic principles necessary to grasping the conceptual approaches to hydrocarbon exploration in a broad range of geological settings globally.
Geologists, geophysicists, and marine geologists globally in academia and petroleum exploration with a focus on tectonics, basin analysis, sedimentary processes and petroleum systems. The secondary market includes undergraduate and postgraduate students as well as instructors in Geosciences.
Regional Geology and Tectonics: Principles of Geologic Analysis, 1st Edition
- Regional geology and tectonics--a prologue. D.G. Roberts and A.W. Bally
- The Earth: Core, Mantle and Crust. C.M.R. Fowler
- Phanerozoic Volcanism. A. Kerr & M Menzies
- Some remarks on basins and basin classification and the tectonostratigraphic megasequence. D.G. Roberts and A.W. Bally
- A Lithospheric Perspective on Structure and Evolution of Precambrian Cratons. I. Artemieva
- Convergent Margins and Orogenic Belts. D. Roeder
- Crustal Reflection Profiles of Collisional Orogens. F. Cook & A.van der Velden
- Geological Methods. W.R. Muehlberger & P. Dickerson
- Hotspots, Rifts, Reefs Deltas and Cratonic Basins- View s from Space. P Dickerson
- 2D and 3D Seismic Data. T. Redshaw
- Wide Angle Reflection and Refraction. R.S. White
- Regional Tectonics and Basin Formation: the role of potential field studies. J.D. Fairhead
- Sequence Analysis. G. Bertram
- A brief review of developments in stratigraphic forward modelling 2000-2009. P. Burgess
- Lake Systems. C. Sladen
- Late Ordovician Glaciogenic Reservoir Heterogeneity, an example from the Murzuq basin, Libya. D. Le Heron , J. Craig, O Sutcliffe, R. Whittington
- River Deltas. H.H. Roberts, P. Weimer, & R.M. Slatt
- Architecture and growth history of a Miocene carbonate platform from 3D seismic reflection ata, Luconia province, offshore Sarawak, Malaysia. V. Zampetti et al.
- Pelagic Realms. E.L. Winterer
- Controls on reservoir distribution, architecture and stratigraphic trapping in slope settings. B. Prather
- The Barbados Accretionary Prism. E. Deville & A. Mascle
- Uplift Denudation, and their causes and constraints over geological time scales. K Callagher
- The Accumulation of Organic-Matter-Rich Rocks within an Earth Systems Framework. K Bohacs, I. Norton, D. Gilbert, J. Neal, M. Kennedy, W. Borkowski, M. Rottman, T. Burke
- Fluid Flow in Sedimentary Basins including Petroleum Systems. J. Wendebourg
- 4D Analogue Modeling of Transtensional Pull-Apart Basins. J. Wu, K. McClay, P. Whitehouse, T. Dooley
- Ocean Floor Tectonics. M. Fowler
- Ophiolites and Oceanic Lithosphere. A. Nicolas