* Comprehensive discussion of hydroponic systems, irrigation, and control measures allows readers to achieve optimal performance
* State-of-the-art book on all theoretical aspects of hydroponics and soilless culture including a thorough description of the root system, its functions and limitation posed by restricted root volume
* Critical and updated reviews of current analytical methods and how to translate their results to irrigation and fertilization practices
* Definitive chapters on recycled, no-discharge systems including salinity and nutrition management and pathogen eradication
* Up-to-date description of all important types of growing media
Plant production in hydroponics and soilless culture is rapidly expanding throughout the world, raising a great interest in the scientific community. For the first time in an authoritative reference book, authors cover both theoretical and practical aspects of hydroponics (growing plants without the use of soil). This reference book covers the state-of-the-art in this area, while offering a clear view of supplying plants with nutrients other than soil. Soilless Culture provides the reader with an understanding of the properties of the various soiless media and how these properties affect plant performance in relation to basic horticultural operations, such as irrigation and fertilization. This book is ideal for agronomists, horticulturalists, greenhouse and nursery managers, extension specialists, and people involved with the production of plants.
Agronomists, horticulturalists, farmers, practitioners confronting problems