* Presents the latest proceedings on polyolefin technology
* The first book contributed by almost all the distinguished scientists in Asian countries
* Contains papers not only from academia but also from industry
The First Asian Polyolefin Workshop introduces the recent developments and the research activities on polyolefin technology in Asia, which is becoming one of the important places in technology as well as in economy. Asian Countries have experienced remarkable economic growth in the last decade as represented by China.
The Asian Polyolefin Workshop (APO) was planned to provide a venue for Asian scientists and engineers identifying and exploring the areas of common interests.
The workshop was held in Nara on December 7th-9th, 2005, with more than 100 participants from China, Israel, India, Japan, Korea, Russia, Spain and Thailand. The following research topics were covered with 34 oral and 37 poster presentations;
1) Heterogeneous olefin polymerization catalysts
Traditional Ziegler-Natta, Phillips, heterogenized metallocene
and post metallocenes
2) Homogeneous olefin polymerization catalysts
Traditional Ziegler-Natta, metallocene and post metallocenes
3) Precise synthesis of new polyolefins
4) Structure and properties of polyolefins
5) Engineering aspects of olefin polymerization
For researchers within the field of Petrochemicals