* Interdisciplinary coverage
* Research oriented
* Contains and explains programs
* Based on recent discoveries
* Little special knowledge required besides programming
* Suitable for undergraduate and graduate research projects
The book requires only rudimentary physics knowledge but ability to program computers creatively and to keep the mind open to simple and not so simple models, based in individuals, for the living world around us.
Physicists, if interested in computation, starting from third year undergraduates and ending with department heads. Also suitable for Biologists, demographers, linguists and sociologist interested in applying computational physics methods to their own fields.