Cyclic Development of Sedimentary Basins presents the controversial subject of the cyclic phenomena in the earth's evolutionary history and its reflection in the development of sedimentary basins and its lithic infillings. Galactic rotation of celestial bodies causes cyclicity that is also reflected on a smaller scale in the proper Earth. This book presents the consequences of the earth's cyclic phenomena in the long-term cycles which affect the origin and further evolution of sedimentary basins.
Sedimentary Geologists, petroleum geologists
Cyclic Development of Sedimentary Basins, 1st Edition
1. Long-term cyclicities: Introduction (J.M. Mabesoone et al.
2. Causes of cyclicity (V.M. Golubev).
3. Cyclicity in earth's geological evolution (J.M. Mabesoone, V.H. Neumann).
4. Examples of sedimentary basins of world (J.M. Mabesoone).
5. The sedimentary record of foreland-basin, tectophase cycles: Examples from the Appalachian Basin, U.S.A. (F.R. Ettensohn).
6. Geological history of the greater amazonas basin in Brazil (J.M. Mabesoone, V.H. Neumann).
7. Sedimentary basins of Brazilian borborema and São Francisco tectonic provinces since mesoproterozoic (J.M. Mabesoone, V.H. Neumann).
8. Russian arctic shelf sedimentary basins (O.I. Suprunenko, M.K. Kos'ko).
9. Cyclicity in the evolution of the neogene North Croatian basin (Pannonian Basin system) (D. Pavelić).
10. Long-period cycles: A case study from the Arabian-Nubian craton (A.M. Abed).
11. Cyclicity in paleo- to neoproterozoic cuddapah supergroup and its significance in basinal evolution (P.K. Dasgupta, A. Biswas, R. Mukherjee).
12. Cyclicity of the mesozoic sedimentation on the eastern margin of the Chinese craton as a response to the main geodynamic events in the adjacent active oceanic area (P.V. Markevich et al.
13. Sedimentary basins of polycyclic development in the south-eastern part of the Siberian platform: Uchur-Maiskaya basin and Vilyuiskaya syneclise (M.V. Goroshko).
14. Overview (J.M. Mabesoone et al.
15. Conclusions (J.M. Mabesoone, V.H. Neumann).
Quotes and reviews
"This book provides valuable information that will be useful for students and researchers interested in basinal cyclicities."
-Rajat Mazumder, Dept. of Earth and Environmental Sciences, Munich University, in JOURNAL OF SEDIMENTARY RESEARCH