* Provides new data from the Alps to Africa
* Presents interpretation of the CROP seismic network data
* Offers a stepwise increase in information with new data for further studies
This book presents and discusses new data ranging from Alps to Africa, obtained by the CROP PROJECT (transcrustal seismic exploration of the Mediterranean and Italy). New lithospheric imagings of relevant importance for understanding disputed topics are provided. Alps, Apennines, Calabrian Arc, Sicilian Apennine, Maghrebian Chain, Corso-Sardinian Block, paleo-basins (Ionian, Alpine Tethys), neo-basins (Balearic and Tyrrhenian) are innovatively reconstructed.
Geoscientists, petroleum explorers, geothermal explorers, natural resources exploiters, soil engineers, soil safety and territorial planning dealers
CROP Project, 1st Edition
Acnowledgements.Section 1. Previous main broad geophysical and geological explorations.
1. Review of the main results of the pioneering MS seismic exploration programme in the deep water of the Mediterranean Sea (OGS, 1969-1980) (I.R. Finetti et al.
2. Review of seismic wide-angle reflection-refraction (WARR) results in the Italian region (1956-1987) (R. Cassinis, S. Scarascia, A. Lozej).
3. Gravity and magnetic fields of the central mediterranean region (P. Bernardelli et al.
4. Bedrock geology of the Tyrrhenian Sea (R. Sartori).Section 2. Crop seismic data acquisition and processing.
5. Crop seismic data acqusition, processing and interpretive reprocessing (I.R. Finetti, E. Forlin, M. Pipan).Section 3. Opening of the Ionian and Alpine Neotethyan Oceans.
6. Ionian and Alpine Oceans Neotethyan opening (I.R. Finetti).Section 4. The Alps.
7. Crustal tectono-stratigraphic sections across the western and eastern Alps from ECORS-CROP and transalp seismic data (I.R. Finetti).Section 5. The Apennines-Calabrian Arc-Sicilian/Maghrebian chain.
8. Lithospheric tectono-stratigraphic setting of the Ligurian Sea-Northern Apennines-Adriatic foreland from integrated crop seismic data (I.R. Finetti et al.
9. Crustal geologic section across central Italy from the Corsica Basin to the Adriatic Sea, based on geological and crop seismic data (I.R. Finetti et al.
10. Understanding the ionides and their geodynamics (I.R. Finetti).
11. Ionian tethydes in the Southern Apennines (G. Ciarapica, I. Passeri).
12. Crustal tectono-stratigraphy and geodynamics of the Southern Apennines from crop and other integrated geophysical - geological data (I.R. Finetti et al.
13. Magnetotelluric profiling along the crop-04 section in the Southern Apennines (D. Patella et al.
14. Multiscale derivative analysis of the gravity and magnetic fields of Southern Apennines (Italy) (M. Fedi et al.
15. Geological outline of Sicily and lithospheric tectono-dynamics of its Tyrrhenian margin from new crop seismic data (I.R. Finetti et al.
16. Comparative NV and WA seismic modelling of sections in the Tyrrhenian Sea (A. del Ben et al.
17. The Calabrian Arc and subducting Ionian slab from new crop seismic data (I.R. Finetti).Section 6. The Corso-Sardinian block.
18. Crustal tectono-stratigraphic setting and geodynamics of the Corso-Sardinian block from new crop seismic data (I.R. Finetti et al.
).Section 7. Deep paleo-neo-basins.
19. Crustal tectono-stratigraphy of the Ionian Sea from integrated new crop seismic data (A. del Ben, I.R. Finetti).
20. Lithospheric tectono-dynamics of the Balearic basin opening from CROP-ECORS seismic data (I.R. Finetti, M. Pipan).
21. Ionian tethys lithosphere roll-back sinking and back-arc Tyrrhenian opening from new crop seismic data (I.R. Finetti, A. del Ben).
22. Geodynamic significance of Tyrrhenian seafloor morphology (M. Marani).Section 8. Adriatic and Pelagian forelands.
23. Crustal tectono-stratigraphic setting of the Adriatic Sea from new crop seismic data (I.R. Finetti, A. del Ben).
24. Seismic modelling applied to interpretation of a crop crustal section in the Adriatic Sea (J.M. Carcione, I.R. Finetti, D. Gel).
25. Mechanism and timing of the pliocene-pleistocene foredeep migration in the Abruzzo offshore area (Central Adriatic) (I. Carruba, R. Casnedi, C. Perotti).
26. Crustal tectono-stratigraphic setting of the Pelagian foreland from new crop seismic data (I.R. Finetti, A. del Ben).Section 9. The Moho of the Central Mediterranean region.
27. Depth contour map of the Moho discontinuity in the central mediterranean region from new crop seismic data (I.R. Finetti).Section 10. Magmatism.
28. Triassic magmatism and jurassic ophiolites at the margins of the Adria plate (L. Beccaluva et al.
29. Cenozoic tectono-magmatic evolution of the central-western Mediterranean: Migration of an arc-interarc basin system and variations in the mode of subduction (L. Beccaluva et al.
30. Within-plate cenozoic volcanism and lithospheric mantle evolution in the western-central Mediterranean area (L. Beccaluva et al.
31. A reapparaisal of the betic ophiolitic association: the westernmost relic of the alpine tethys (E. Puga).Section 11. Geodynamic evolution.
32. Evolutionary reconstruction of the Mediterranean region: Extrusion tectonics driven by the convergence of Africa Arabia and Eurasia (E. Mantovani).
33. Plate tectonics of the apulia-adria microcontinents (G. Stampfli).
34. Geodynamic evolution of the Mediterranean region, from the permo-triassic Ionian opening to the present, constrained by new lithospheric crop seismic data (I.R. Finetti).