- Straightforward, easy-to-understand coverage gives you the knowledge and confidence you need to perform a complete physical examination.
- Clear differentiation between basic skills and advanced procedures or special circumstances helps you pinpoint essential content.
- Unique, two-column format provides you with a visual distinction between normal and abnormal findings and techniques.
- Vivid color photos walk you step by step through key skills and procedures.
- UNIQUE! Concept Overview sections present core concepts in the context of health assessment with discussions on pain, oxygenation, perfusion, tissue integrity, motion, sensory perception, metabolism, and intracranial regulation.
- UNIQUE! Clinical Reasoning: Thinking Like a Nurse boxes explain the thought process of an experienced nurse making a clinical decision to help you gain perspective on clinical judgment and the decision-making process.
- UNIQUE! Patients with Situational Variations sections address special circumstances or needs for patients in wheelchairs or other limitations and exam variations.
- NCLEX examination-style review questions at the end of each chapter help you assess your understanding of the content you need to know to pass the exam.