* Reviews on the most current topics in the field, including:
* Fertilization promoting peptide--a possible regulator of sperm function in vivo
* Cytokines and pituitary hormone secretion
* Mechanism of GnRH receptor signaling upon gonadotropin release and gene expression in pituitary gonadotrophs
* Luteinizing-hormone releasing hormone (LHRH) neurons
* LH pulses and the corpus luteum
* Granulocyte colony-stimulating factor receptor
* The physiological role of the melancortin receptors
* The growth hormone-releasing hormone receptor
First published in 1943, Vitamins and Hormones is the longest-running serial published by Academic Press. In the early days of the Serial, the subjects of vitamins and hormones were quite distinct. The Editorial Board now reflects expertise in the field of hormone action, vitamin action, X-ray crystal structure, physiology, and enzyme mechanisms. Under the capable and qualified editorial leadership of Dr. Gerald Litwack, Vitamins and Hormones continues to publish cutting-edge reviews of interest to endocrinologists, biochemists, nutritionists, pharmacologists, cell biologists, and molecular biologists. Others interested in the structure and function of biologically active molecules like hormones and vitamins will, as always, turn to this series for comprehensive reviews by leading contributors to this and related disciplines.
Researchers, professors, and graduate students studying the molecular and cellular biology of vitamins, hormones, and related factors and cofactors.
Also of interest to libraries and laboratories with strong programs in cell biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, gene regulation, hormone control, and signal transduction.