- Comprehensive coverage- basic principles, detailed developments and practical applications
- Wide accessibility, but with sufficient detail to keep the technical reader engaged
- Details the initial discovery of nuclear fusion, current attempts to create nuclear fusion here on earth and today's concern over future energy supply
- Color illustrations and examples
- Includes technical notes for aspiring physicists
Fusion: The Energy of the Universe, 2e is an essential reference providing basic principles of fusion energy from its history to the issues and realities progressing from the present day energy crisis. The book provides detailed developments and applications for researchers entering the field of fusion energy research. This second edition includes the latest results from the National Ignition Facility at the Lawrence Radiation Laboratory at Livermore, CA, and the progress on the International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor (ITER) tokamak programme at Caderache, France.
Researchers and graduate students in the fusion area-inertial fusion and magnetic fusion, and high energy density science, and aerospace; scientists; physicists; electrical and nuclear engineer; chemists. industrial engineers