· Shows how a computer executes instructions;
· Shows how a high-level programming language converts to assembler language;
· Shows how a microcontroller is interfaced to the outside world;
· Hundreds of examples, experiments, "brain-teasers" and motivators;
· More than 20 exercises at the end of each chapter;
·Complete solutions manual available for Instructors;
· CD includes example code from book as well as the MetroWerks CodeWarriorÒ C++ compiler.
This book is a comprehensive, introductory text/reference for electrical and computer
engineers and students with little experience with a high-level programming language. It systematically teaches the programming of a microcontroller in assembly language, as well as C and C++. This books also covers the principles of good programming practice through top-down design and the use of data structures. It is suitable as an introductory
text for a first course on microcomputers that demonstrates what a small computer can
Textbook for sophmore/junior level (varies by curriculum) courses in microcontrollers/microprocessors such as: E319K Introduction to Microcontrollers at University of Texas; Self-study/reference for practicing engineers.