- Presents 16 case studies that allow readers to quickly apply exploration concepts to real-life scenarios in the field
- Includes more than 200 illustrations and full-color photographs that aid the reader in retaining key procedures and applications
- Each chapter is structured so that its topic is discussed theoretically first followed by specific applications
- Combines both theory and application in a multidisciplinary reference that thoroughly addresses the full scope of mineral exploration
- Authored by an instructor with more than 30 years of experience in the field and a decade as a consultant for commercial mining companies
Globally, mineral exploration has grown significantly in recent years, driven by the rapid acceleration in prices for gold and diamonds since 2004 and the emergence of a middle class in both China and India-aggressively increased demand. Despite this resurgence, no single book has been published that takes an interdisciplinary approach in addressing the full scope of mineral exploration-from mining and extraction to economic evaluation, policies, sustainability, and environmental impacts. Mineral Exploration: Principles and Applications accomplishes this by presenting each topic with theoretical approaches first followed by specific applications that can be immediately implemented in the field.
primary- geologists, petrologists, mineralogists, marine geologists with a focus on resource exploration
secondary- students and instructors at the graduate level in the geosciences