- Provides a comprehensive and thorough coverage of essential elements for product modeling using the virtual engineering paradigm
- Covers CAD/CAE in product design, including solid modeling, mechanical assembly, parameterization, and product data management/data exchange in CAD
- A case study and tutorial example at the end of each chapter provide hands-on practice in implementing off-the-shelf computer design tools
- Provides two projects at the end of the book showing the use of Pro/ENGINEER® and SolidWorks ® to implement concepts discussed in the book
This is the third part of a four-part series, which comprises the first book to integrate discussion of computer design tools throughout the design process. Through this book, the reader will...
- ...understand basic design principles and all digital design paradigms.
- ...understand CAD/CAE/CAM tools available for various design-related tasks.
- ...understand how to put an integrated system together to conduct All Digital Design (ADD).