- Includes a wide range of research areas including a focus on biotherapy and the development of novel cancer therapeutic strategies.
- Formatted for a broad audience including all working in researching cancer treatments and therapies.
- Discusses special traits and results of Chinese cancer research.
Cancer continues to be one of the major causes of death throughout the developed world, which has led to increased research on effective treatments. Because of this, in the past decade, rapid progress in the field of cancer treatment has been seen. Recent Advances in Cancer Research and Therapy reviews in specific details some of the most effective and promising treatments developed in research centers worldwide. While referencing advances in traditional therapies and treatments such as chemotherapy, this book also highlights advances in biotherapy including research using Interferon and Super Interferon, HecI based and liposome based therapy, gene therapy, and p53 based cancer therapy. There is also a discussion of current cancer research in China including traditional Chinese medicine. Written by leading scientists in the field, this book provides an essential insight into the current state of cancer therapy and treatment.
Scientists, researchers, medical professionals, and students working in the various fields related to cancer research and treatment.
Recent Advances in Cancer Research and Therapy, 1st Edition
1. Biotherapy of Cancer: Progress in China
2. Cancer Targeting Gene-Viro-Therapy (CTGVT) and Its Promising Future
3. Relationship Between Antiproliferative Activities and Class I MHC Surface Expression of Mouse Interferon Proteins on B16-F10 Melanoma Cells
4. Mitotic Regulator Hec1 as a Potential Target for Developing Breast Cancer Therapeutics
5. Advances in Liposome-based Targeted Gene Therapy of Cancer
6. Re-wiring the Intracellular Signaling Network in Cancer
7. Research and Development of Highly Potent Antibody-based Drug Conjugates and Fusion Proteins for Cancer Therapy
8. Cancer Stem Cell
9. p53: A Target and a Biomarker of Cancer Therapy?
10. Recombinant Adenoviral-p53 Agent (Gendicine®): Quality Control, Mechanism of Action, and Its Use for Treatment of Malignant Tumors
11. Three Dimensional Tumor Model and T Lymphocytes Immunotherapy for Cancer
12. Advances in Cancer Chemotherapeutic Drug Research in China
13. Doxorubicin Cardiotoxicity Revisited: ROS versus Top2
14. Biochemistry and Pharmacology of Human ABCC1/MRP1 and Its Role in Detoxification and in Multidrug Resistance of Cancer Chemotherapy
15. The Role of Traditional Chinese Medicine in Clinical Oncology
16. Effect of Arsenic Trioxide on Acute Promyelocytic Lukemia and Glioma: Experimental Studies, Clinical Applications and Perspectives
17. Recent Advance in Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma Research and Its Pathogenesis
18. Esophageal Carcinoma