- Revised, comprehensive guide to optical coherence tomography (OCT), including thoroughly explained recent research
- Presents a broad treatment of the subject, including its optics, science, and the physics needed to understand the technology
- Includes a description of applications with a critical look on how the technology will address actual clinical needs
- Provides non-scientists and non-engineers with a basic understanding of OCT applications and issues
- Written by a pioneer of optical coherence tomography
Optical Coherence Tomography, Principles and Applications, Second Edition provides the latest information on OCT, a high-resolution medical imaging technology that offers several distinct advantages over current medical imaging technologies.
This second edition brings together the most updated information needed by a wide variety of groups using and studying this technology. It is completely updated throughout with the most recent research and applications. The text does not demonstrate how to build OCT devices, but instead gives a broad treatment of the subject, including its optics, science, and the physics needed to understand the technology, a description of applications with a critical look on how the technology will successfully address actual clinical needs, a discussion of delivery of OCT to the patient, and FDA approval and comparisons with available competing technologies.
The required mathematical rigor is presented in such a way that non-scientists and non-engineers will be able to gain a basic understanding of OCT and its further applications.
Optical engineers; biomedical and clinical scientists; clinicians; medical doctors; researchers; manufacturers of OCT devices.