- Uses real processors to demonstrate both technology and techniques
- Shows readers how to apply principles to actual design practice
- Stresses necessary fundamentals that can be applied to evolving technologies and helps readers gain facility to design large, complex embedded systems
- Covers the design of Internet-of-Things (IoT) devices and systems, including applications, devices, and communication systems and databases
- Introduces concepts of safety and security in embedded systems
- Includes new chapter on Automotive and Aerospace Systems
- Describes wireless communication standards such as Bluetooth® and ZigBee®
Computers as Components: Principles of Embedded Computing System Design, Fourth Edition, continues to focus on foundational content in embedded systems technology and design while introducing new content on security and safety, the design of Internet-of-Things devices and systems, and wireless communications standards like Bluetooth® and ZigBee®.
Students in an embedded systems design course as well as researchers and savvy professionals schooled in hardware or software design.