* Incorporates contributions from newcomers and established and experienced researchers
* Explores the planar lipid bilayer systems and spherical liposomes from both theoretical and experimental perspectives
* Serves as an indispensable source of information for new scientists
Advances in Planar Lipid Bilayers and Liposomes volumes cover a broad range of topics, including main arrangements of the reconstituted system, namely planar lipid bilayers as well as spherical liposomes. The invited authors present the latest results of their own research groups in this exciting multidisciplinary field.
Chemical Engineers, physical chemists, biologists and biochemists, biochemical engineers
Advances in Planar Lipid Bilayers and Liposomes, 1st Edition
- Faceting of Soft Crystals
- How to make a stable exocytotic fusion pore, incompetent of neurotransmitter and hormone release from the vesicle lumen?
- Applications of lipid membranes containing ion channels or pumps
- Raft formation in cell membranes: speculations about mechanisms and models
- Monte Carlo Simulations of Lipid Bilayers and Liposomes Using Coarse-Grained Models
- Statistical thermodynamics of adhesion points in supported membranes
- Fluorescence spectroscopy study of hyaluronan-phospholipide interactions
- What Gibbs and Langmuir can teach us about small triblock copolymers?
- Dynamics of Lipid Vesicles - From Thermal Fluctuations to Rheology
- ß-carotene-lipid interactions in liposomes with different lipid composition