Updates and informs the reader on the latest research findings
Written by leading experts in the field
Highlights areas for future investigation
The general theme is being based around the ongoing European Science Foundation SIZEMIC Research Network, which has been running for several years. The network has focused on the role of body size in ecosystems and embraces a wide remit that spans all ecosystem types and a range of disciplines, from theoretical to applied ecology.
The Role of Body Size in Multispecies Systems, 1st Edition
- Analytic predictions of structure and dynamics of community size spectra using a species-resolved model
Axel G. Rossberg
- "The size-structure of ecological communities: species- and size-class-based approaches"
- The Weddell Sea food web
- Evolutionary dynamics of body size in food webs
- Size-based community indicators: are there generalised patterns of human impacts in marine, freshwater and terrestrial systems?
- The generality of size-based methods for measuring human impacts on ecosystems
Frank Van Veen
- Determinants of density- body size scaling within food webs and tools for their detection
- Variation of body size and its relations to mortality estimates at intra- and inter-species level
- Commentary and Overview