- Updated with the latest developments and advances in Semantic Web technologies for organizing, querying, and processing information, including SPARQL, RDF and RDFS, OWL 2.0, and SKOS
- Detailed information on the ontologies used in today's key web applications, including ecommerce, social networking, data mining, using government data, and more
- Even more illustrative examples and case studies that demonstrate what semantic technologies are and how they work together to solve real-world problems
Semantic Web models and technologies provide information in machine-readable languages that enable computers to access the Web more intelligently and perform tasks automatically without the direction of users. These technologies are relatively recent and advancing rapidly, creating a set of unique challenges for those developing applications.
Semantic Web for the Working Ontologist is the essential, comprehensive resource on semantic modeling, for practitioners in health care, artificial intelligence, finance, engineering, military intelligence, enterprise architecture, and more. Focused on developing useful and reusable models, this market-leading book explains how to build semantic content (ontologies) and how to build applications that access that content.
New in this edition:
- Coverage of the latest Semantic Web tools for organizing, querying, and processing information - see details in TOC below
- Detailed information on the latest ontologies used in key web applications including ecommerce, social networking, data mining, using government data, and more