- Informs and updates on all the latest developments in the field
- Contributions from leading authorities and industry experts
This thematic volume provides authoritative, up-to-date reviews addressing recent advances as well as an overview for the research and clinical communities on the endemic infection of Chagas disease. Lead researchers discuss epidemiology and control measures as well as various diagnosis techniques, treatments, and therapies currently being used. The text includes a history of Chagas disease and an outlook for the next century.
Researchers in parasitology, tropical medicine and entomology.
Chagas Disease, 1st Edition
- Epidemiology of American trypanosomiasis (Chagas disease)
Louis V. Kirchhoff, MD, MPH
- Acute and Congenital Chagas Diseases
Caryn Bern, Diana Martin and Robert H. Gilman
- Cell Based Therapy in Chagas Disease
Antonio C. Campos de Carvalho, Adriana B. Carvalho and Regina C. S. Goldenberg
- Targeting Trypanosoma cruzi sterol 14 alpha-demethylase
Galina I. Lepesheva, Fernando Villalta, and Michael R. Waterman
- Experimental Chemotherapy and Approaches to Drug Discovery for Trypanosoma cruzi Infection
Frederick S. Buckner
- Vaccine development against Trypanosoma cruzi and Chagas disease
Juan C. Vázquez-Chagoyán, Shivali Gupta and Nisha Jain Garg
- Genetic Epidemiology of Chagas Disease
Sarah Williams-Blangero, Ph.D, John L. VandeBerg, Ph.D2, John Blangero, Ph.D1, and Rodrigo Corrêa-Oliveira, Ph.D.
- Kissing Bugs. The Vectors of Chagas
Lori Stevens, Patricia L. Dorn, Justin O. Schmidt, John H. Klotz, David Lucero and Stephen A. Klotz
- Advances in Imaging of Animal Models of Chagas Disease
Linda A. Jelicks, PhD and Herbert B. Tanowitz, MD
- The Genome and its Implications
Santuza M. Teixeira, Najib M. El-Sayed and Patrícia R. Araújo
- Genetic Techniques in Trypanosoma cruzi
Martin C. Taylor, Huan Huang and John M. Kelly
- Nuclear structure of Trypanosoma cruzi
Sergio Schenkman, Bruno dos Santos Pascoalino, Sheila C. Nardelli
- ASPECTS OF Trypanosoma cruzi STAGE DIFFERENTIATION.
Samuel Goldenberg and Andrea Rodrigues Ávila
- The Role of Acidocalcisomes in the Stress Response of Trypanosoma cruzi
Roberto Docampo*, Veronica Jimenez, Sharon King-Keller, Zhu-hong Li, and Silvia N.J. Moreno
- Signal transduction in Trypanosoma cruzi
Quotes and reviews
"One is struck by the quality and scholarship of the various chapters and the obviously efficient editing."
"The policy of the editors of Advances in Parasitology to include reviews from any aspect of parasitology and the high standard of individual papers have resulted in this series of volumes becoming an indispensable source for students, teachers, and research workers."
-ANNALS OF TROPICAL MEDICINE AND PARASITOLOGY