- Global in reach--authors are an international team of experts covering caves from around the world
- Includes 24 new articles commissioned especially for this 2nd edition
- Articles contain extensive bibliographies cross-referencing related essays
- Hundreds of color photographs, maps, charts and illustrations of cave features and biota
- A-Z sequence and a comprehensive index allow for easy location of topics
- Glossary presents definitions of all key vocabulary items
Encyclopedia of Caves
Encyclopedia of Cavesis a self-contained, beautifully illustrated work dedicated to caves and their unique environments. It includes more than 100 comprehensive articles from leading scholars and explorers in 15 different countries. Each entry is detailed and scientifically sound, yet accessible for students and non-scientists. This large-format reference is enchanced with hundreds of full-color photographs, maps, and drawings from the authors' own work, which provide unique images of the underground environment.