* Details state-of-the art zebrafish protocols, delineating critical steps in the procedures as well as potential pitfalls
* This volume concentrates on Disease Models and Chemical Screens
This volume of Methods in Cell Biology is the 3e, and provides comprehensive compendia of laboratory protocols and reviews covering all the new methods developed since 2004. This new volume on Disease Models and Chemical Screens, covers two rapidly emerging and compelling applications of the zebrafish.
Developmental biologists, neurobiologists, and cell biologists.
The Zebrafish: Disease Models and Chemical Screens, 3rd Edition
Part I: Disease Models
1. Germ Cell Tumors in Zebrafish - Jim Armatruda
2. Schwann Cell Myelination Mutants as Models of Multiple Sclerosis - David Lyons
3. In Vivo Analysis of Zebrafish Adipogenesis - John Rawls. First draft Sept. 1.
4. Host-Microbe Interactions in the Zebrafish - Karen Guillemin (University of Oregon)
5. Hematopoietic Stem Cell Development and Blood Flow - Trista North
6. Zebrafish as a Model for Hemorrhagic Stroke - Brant Weinstein
7. Zebrafish Adaptive Immunity: Structure and Function of Physiologic Development and Malignant Transformation - Nikolaus Trede and David Traver
8. Zebrafish VHL Disease Model - Freek van Eeden and co-authors Received 8/7/10.
9. Muscle Diseases - Peter Curie and Lou Kunkel
10. Basement Membrane Diseases - Natália M. Feitosa, Tom Carney, Matthias Hammerschmidt
11. Lymphangiogenesis - Schulte-Merker
12. Osteogenesis - Schulte-Merker
13. Zebrafish Assays of Ciliopathies - Nicholas Katsanis, JHU Sch of Med and Norann Zaghloul (UMD)
14. Infectious Disease: Innate Immunity - Herman Spaink
15. Tuberculosis - Lalita Ramakrishnan
16. Cancer - Tom Look
17. Melanoma - Patton and Schartl
18. Pancreatic Cancer - Steve Leach
19. Rhabdomyosarcoma - David Langenau MS Approved by Monte July 31.
20. Transplantation in Zebrafish - Pulin Li and Len Zon
21. Modeling Human Disease by Gene Targeting - Andrew Dodd, Stephen Chambers, Peter Nielsen, and Donald Love
22. Fluorescent Imaging of Cancer - David Langenau
23. Zebrafish as a Model for Fanconi’s Anemia - John Postlethwait
Part II: Chemical Screens
1. Chemical Screens for Potential Therapeutics - Justin Lee Hong Tan and Len Zon
2. Psychotropic Drug Discovery by Automated Behavioral Phenotyping - Randall Peterson resent June 15
3. Discovery and Use of Small Molecules for Probing Biological Processes - Randall Peterson and Mark Fishman