* Contributions from leading authorities and industry experts
* Informs and updates on all the latest developments in the field
* Reference and guide for scientists and specialists involved in advancements in applied microbiology
Published since 1959, Advances in Applied Microbiology continues to be one of the most widely read and authoritative review sources in microbiology.
The series contains comprehensive reviews of the most current research in applied microbiology. Recent areas covered include bacterial diversity in the human gut, protozoan grazing of freshwater biofilms, metals in yeast fermentation processes and the interpretation of host-pathogen dialogue through microarrays.
Eclectic volumes are supplemented by thematic volumes on various topics, including Archaea and sick building syndrome. Impact factor for 2008: 1.658.
Researchers in applied microbiology, molecular biology, mycology, biotechnology and biochemistry
Advances in Applied Microbiology, 1st Edition
- Influence of Escherichia coli Shiga toxin on the mammalian central nervous system
- Natural Products for type II diabetes treatment
Amruta Bedekar; Karan Shah; Mattheos Koffas
- Experimental models used to study human tuberculosis
- Biosynthesis of peptide signals in Gram positive bacteria
Matthew Thoendel and Alexander R. Horswill
- Cell Immobilization for Production of Lactic Acid: Biofilms do it naturally
Suzanne F. Dagher, Alicia L. Ragout, Faustino Siñeriz and José M. Bruno-Bárcena
- Microbial Fingerprinting using Matrix-Assisted Laser Desorption Ionization Time-Of-Flight Mass Spectrometry (MALDI-TOF MS): Applications and Challenges
Giebel R, Worden C, Rust SM, Kleinheinz GT, Robbins M, Sandrin TR.
Quotes and reviews
PRAISE FOR THE SERIES
"No laboratory scientist, field worker or technical administrator can afford to pass it up."--ASM NEWS
"The topics are well supported by an extensive bibliography and provide a rich source of current information."--BIOPHARM