* Contributions from leading authorities and industry experts
* Informs and updates on all the latest developments in the field
* Reference and guide for scientists and specialists involved in advancements in applied microbiology
Published since 1959, Advances in Applied Microbiology continues to be one of the most widely read and authoritative review sources in microbiology.
The series contains comprehensive reviews of the most current research in applied microbiology. Recent areas covered include bacterial diversity in the human gut, protozoan grazing of freshwater biofilms, metals in yeast fermentation processes and the interpretation of host-pathogen dialogue through microarrays.
Eclectic volumes are supplemented by thematic volumes on various topics, including Archaea and sick building syndrome. Impact factor for 2007: 1.821.
Researchers in applied microbiology, molecular biology, mycology, biotechnology and biochemistry.
Advances in Applied Microbiology, 1st Edition
1. Cutinases: Properties and Industrial Applications
Tatiana Fontes Pio and Gabriela Alves Macedo
2. Diagnosis of Clinically-relevant Fungi in Medicine and Veterinary Sciences
Olivier Sparagano and Sam Foggett
3. Multiple effector mechanisms induced by recombinant Listeria monocytogenes anti-cancer immunotherapeutics
Anu Wallecha, Kyla Driscoll Carroll, Paulo Cesar Maciag, Sandra Rivera, Vafa Shahabi and Yvonne Paterson
4. Microbial deterioration of stone monuments - an updated overview
Stefanie Scheerer, Otto Ortega-Morales, Christine Gaylarde
5. Microbial processes in oil fields: culprits, problems and opportunities
Noha Youssef, Mostafa S. Elshahed, Michael J. McInerney
6. Nucleoid-associated Proteins and Bacterial Physiology
Charles J. Dorman
7. Molecular Networks in the Fungal Pathogen Candida albicans
Rebecca A. Hall, Fabien Cottier and Fritz A. Mühlschlegel
8. Diversity in bacterial chemotactic responses and niche adaptation
Lance D. Miller, Matthew H. Russell and Gladys Alexandre
Quotes and reviews
PRAISE FOR THE SERIES
"No laboratory scientist, field worker or technical administrator can afford to pass it up."--ASM NEWS
"The topics are well supported by an extensive bibliography and provide a rich source of current information."--BIOPHARM