- Completely revised and expanded second edition keeps up with developments within neuroscience as well as MATLAB
- All computational approaches explained by using genuine experimental data, providing the unique look and feel of real empirical data
- The first comprehensive textbook on MATLAB with a focus on its applications in neuroscience and psychology
- Careful didactic approach focused on problem solving
- Authors are award-winning educators with strong teaching experience
- Companion website with image bank, executable code, examples, and solutions available
MATLAB for Neuroscientists serves as the only complete study manual and teaching resource for MATLAB, the globally accepted standard for scientific computing, in the neurosciences and psychology. This unique introduction can be used to learn the entire empirical and experimental process (including stimulus generation, experimental control, data collection, data analysis, modeling, and more), and the 2nd Edition continues to ensure that many computational problems can be addressed in a single programming environment.
This updated edition features additional material on the creation of visual stimuli, advanced psychophysics, analysis of LFP data, choice probabilities, synchrony, and advanced spectral analysis. Users at a variety of levels-advanced undergraduates, beginning graduate students, and researchers looking to modernize their skills-will learn to design and implement their own analytical tools. This book will aid researchers and students in achieving the fluency required to meet the computational needs of neuroscience practitioners.
Undergraduate and graduate students in systems, cognitive, and behavioral neuroscience, cognitive psychology, and related fields, as well as researchers in these fields who use MATLAB