* 161 coronal photographic diagrams and accompanying 161 photographic plates spaced at 120 micron intervals
* Diagrams are identical to those of the full Sixth Edition
* Delineations of over 900 brain structures
* The most accurate stereotaxic coordinate system
* CD includes drawings in pdf, eps and ai formats and color images
The Rat Brain in Stereotaxic Coordinates, Compact Sixth Edition is a smaller sized (8.5 x11inch), abridged version of the most referenced work in neuroscience (over 35,000 citations for this atlas). The compact edition provides the coronal plates and diagrams of the current sixth edition in a smaller more convenient spiral format and at a student friendly price. This book includes an introduction for students to some of the major current concepts in neuroanatomy: neuromeres and brain development. Students and seasoned researchers will find herein the first major unified nomenclature ontology tree based on development. The atlas features 161 coronal photographic plates and 161 juxtaposed diagrams. The diagrams are in color, but the photographs are in black and white. The full-sized sixth edition is in full color and also features the sagittal and horizontal planes.
Students and researchers in neuroanatomy, neurophysiology, and molecular expression/cloning in the rat who need a more convenient, affordable lab atlas of the rat brain.