* The only advanced student text on the biological aspects of climate change
* Examines recent and deep past climate change effects to better understand the impacts of recent human-induced changes
* Discusses the conservation and other ecological implications of climate change in detail
* Presents recipes for coping with accelerating climate change in the future
* Includes extensive illustrations with maps diagrams and color photographs
Climate Change Biology is a new textbook which examines this emerging discipline of human-induced climate change and the resulting shifts in the distributions of species and the timing of biological events. The text focuses on understanding the impacts of human-induced climate change, but draws on multiple lines of evidence, including paleoecology, modelling and current observation. Climate Change Biology lays out the scope and depth of understanding of this new discipline in terms that are accessible to students, managers and professional biologists.
Advanced under- and postgraduate students in ecology, environment, conservation and resource management taking courses related to the causes and biological effects of climate change