The authors of the most cited neuroscience publication, The Rat Brain in Stereotaxic Coordinates, have written this introductory textbook for neuroscience students. The text is clear and concise, and offers an excellent introduction to the essential concepts of neuroscience.
- Based on contemporary neuroscience research rather than old-style medical school neuroanatomy
- Thorough treatment of motor and sensory systems
- A detailed chapter on human cerebral cortex
- The neuroscience of consciousness, memory, emotion, brain injury, and mental illness
- A comprehensive chapter on brain development
- A summary of the techniques of brain research
- A detailed glossary of neuroscience terms
- Illustrated with over 130 color photographs and diagrams
This book will inspire and inform students of neuroscience. It is designed for beginning students in the health sciences, including psychology, nursing, biology, and medicine.