NEW TO THIS EDITION:
- Communicates key concepts using audio, video, and animations
- Integrates interactive tools to aid in understanding complex charts and graphs
- Features multimedia guide to setting up Excel spreadsheets and working with formulae
- Demonstrates key processes and engineering in practice through videos
- Shows the relationship of engineering to the chemistry, microbiology, nutrition and processing of foods via carefully selected examples
- Presents a practical, unique and challenging blend of principles and applications for comprehensive learning
- Ideal for classroom use, valuable as a lifetime professional reference
Long recognized as the bestselling textbook for teaching food engineering to food science students, this 5e transitions with today’s students from traditional textbook learning to integrated presentation of the key concepts of food engineering. Using carefully selected examples, Singh and Heldman demonstrate the relationship of engineering to the chemistry, microbiology, nutrition and processing of foods in a uniquely practical blend. This approach facilitates comprehensive learning that has proven valuable beyond the classroom as a lifetime professional reference.
Undergraduate and graduate students of food science/food process engineering; professionals in food and process engineering (particularly food manufacturing and ingredients); individuals involved in food safety, food manufacturing standards, and regulatory bodies.