• New edition provides new information on anesthesia and analgesia, and has an extensively revised and updated bibliography
• Provides a balanced consideration of the needs of scientific research and the welfare of laboratory animals
• Written by a veterinary anesthetist and scientist with over 30 years' experience in the field, and who is actively engaged in research in this area
• Provides rapid, easily accessed information using tabulated summaries
• Provides those with limited experience of anesthesia with the information they need to carry our procedures effectively, safely, and humanely
• Provides sufficient depth for the more experienced anesthetist moving to this field
The additions and amendments to this new edition reflect developments in anesthetic practice and changes in our attitudes toward laboratory animal welfare. Standards of anesthesia for laboratory animals have increased greatly since the publication of the 2e, and the use of technically demanding procedures have become much more widespread. This new edition attempts to balance the need for additional information in these areas with the main goal of the first edition: the provision of an introductory text for new investigators.
Researchers, post docs and graduate students who utilize animals in biomedical research.