* Edited and written by a distinguished international group of editors and contributors
* Heavily illustrated and abundantly cross-referenced
* Via ScienceDirect platform, multimedia files will provide an enhanced online experience
* Includes 'Further Reading' lists at the end of each article
* A complete subject index contained in one volume
An authoritative and comprehensive guide to the major issues, challenges, methods, and approaches of global public health. This encyclopedia will cover all dimensions of the field, from details of specific diseases to the organization of social insurance agencies. A significant percentage of the articles will cover public health aspects of diseases and conditions. Other articles will survey aging, diet, injuries, ethical and legal subjects in public health, measurement and modeling, consumerism, anthropology and sociology, economics, the history of public health, and global issues.
Advanced undergraduates and graduate students