New to this edition:
- All chapters thoroughly revised for current developments, with over 200 pgs of new material, including significant new content in:
- Metabolic Engineering
- Sustainable Bioprocessing
- Membrane Filtration
- Turbulence and Impeller Design
- Downstream Processing
- Oxygen Transfer Systems
- Over 150 new problems and worked examples
- More than 100 new illustrations
This welcome new edition discusses bioprocess engineering from the perspective of biology students. It includes a great deal of new material and has been extensively revised and expanded. These updates strengthen the book and maintain its position as the book of choice for senior undergraduates and graduates seeking to move from biochemistry/microbiology/molecular biology to bioprocess engineering.
(a) Senior undergraduate students in applied biology, biomedical engineering, or chemical engineering taking final year options in bioprocessing/biotechnology (b) industrial practitioners working in biotechnology, pharmaceutical companies, food industries, and those trained in molecular biology and cell manipulation, who need to acquire knowledge on the principles of large scale processing of biological material.