- Provides complete coverage of the basic biology of adenoviruses, as well as their construction, propagation, and purification of adenoviral vectors
- Introduces common strategies for the development of adenoviral vectors, along with cutting-edge methods for their improvement
- Demonstrates noninvasive imaging of adenovirus-mediated gene transfer
- Discusses utility of adenoviral vectors in animal disease models
- Considers Federal Drug Administration regulations for human clinical trials
Adenoviral Vectors for Gene Therapy, Second Edition provides detailed, comprehensive coverage of the gene delivery vehicles that are based on the adenovirus that is emerging as an important tool in gene therapy. These exciting new therapeutic agents have great potential for the treatment of disease, making gene therapy a fast-growing field for research.
This book presents topics ranging from the basic biology of adenoviruses, through the construction and purification of adenoviral vectors, cutting-edge vectorology, and the use of adenoviral vectors in preclinical animal models, with final consideration of the regulatory issues surrounding human clinical gene therapy trials. This broad scope of information provides a solid overview of the field, allowing the reader to gain a complete understanding of the development and use of adenoviral vectors.
This book is intended for the full range of potential users as it embodies a comprehensive overview of basic biology and practical applications. In addition, the increasing number of "translational" physician-scientists will find this a unique resource for understanding the clinical issues of applying adenoviral vectors.