* Critical reviews of the previous year's literature in many topics of interest to medicinal chemists
* Highlights major developments in medicinal chemistry
* Includes a comprehensive set of cumulative indices to easily locate topics in all published volumes
Annual Reports in Medicinal Chemistry provides timely and critical reviews of important topics in medicinal chemistry together with an emphasis on emerging topics in the biological sciences, which are expected to provide the basis for entirely new future therapies. Sections I-IV are disease orientated and generally report on specific medicinal agents. Sections V and VI continue to emphasize important topics in medicinal chemistry, biology, and drug design. Section VII looks at Trends and Perspectives in the pharmaceuticals market.
For medicinal, pharmaceutical and organic chemists
Annual Reports in Medicinal Chemistry, 1st Edition
I. CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM DISEASES (A.J. Robichaud).
1. Novel approaches for the treatment of schizophrenia (B.N. Rogers, C.J. Schmidt).
2. Recent strategies for the development of new antidepressant drugs (D.A. Evrard).
3. Neuroprotective agents for the treatment of ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke (S.N. Haydar, W.D. Hirst).
4. Novel sodium channel blockers for the treatment of neuropathic pain (B. Marron).
II. CARDIOVASCULAR AND METABOLIC DISEASES (A. Stamford).
5. Centrally acting anti-obesity agents (D. Hepworth et al
6. Nuclear Hormone Receptor Modulators for the Treatment of Diabetes and Dyslipidemia (P.T. Meinke et al
7. 11 α-Hydroxysteroid Dehydrogenase Type 1 Inhibitors (C.D. Boyle et al
8. Glucokinase Activators for the Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes (P.S. Humphries, T.O. Johnson).
9. Renin Inhibitors (C.M. Tice).
10. Antiarryhthmic Agents (M.J. Suto, D.S. Krafte).
III. INFLAMMATORY, PULMONARY, AND GASTROINTESTINAL DISEASES (M.G. Bock).
11. Progress in Anti-SARS Coronavirus Chemistry, Biology and Chemotherapy (A.K. Ghosh et al
13. Recent advances in gastrointestinal prokinetic agents (Hans-Jürgen Pfannkuche, D.A. Sandham).
14. PGD2 Antagonists (J.C. Medina, Jiwen Liu).
15. Progress in the Development of Inhaled, Long Acting β2-Adrenoceptor Agonists (P.A. Glossop, D.A. Price).
IV. CANCER AND INFECTIOUS DISEASES (D. Myles).
16. The Acyl Sulfonamide Anti-Proliferatives and Other Novel Anti-Tumor Agents (M.M. Mader).
17. Progress on Mitotic Kinesin Inhibitors as Anti-cancer Therapeutics (Xiangping Qian et al
18. Developing Infectious Disease Strategies for the Developing World (P.J Lee et al
19. Influenza Neuraminidase Inhibitors as Antiviral Agents (Pooran Chand et al
20. Recent Developments in Antifungal Drug Discovery (R. Di Santo).
V. TOPICS IN BIOLOGY Section Editor: (D. Cohen).
21. Genomic Data Mining and its impact on drug discovery (N.R. Nirmala).
22. HTS of cDNA and RNAi for target identification (M.A. Labow).
23. Genomic Approaches to identify molecular basis of multi-factorial diseases (C. Kumar).
VI. TOPICS IN DRUG DESIGN AND DISCOVERY (Manoj C. Desai).
24. Structure Activity Relationships for in vitro and in vivo Toxicity (J. Blagg).
25. Importance of Early Assessment of Bioactivation in Drug Discovery (Cornelis E.C.A. Hop et al
26. The Application of Pulmonary Inhalation Technology to Drug Discovery (A.R. Clark et al
27. Recent Advances in Oral Prodrug Discovery (Aesop Cho).
28. Oxytocin Antagonists and Agonists (A.D. Borthwick).
VII.TRENDS AND PERSPECTIVES (A. Wood).
29. Knowledge and Intelligence in Drug Design (A. Hopkins, A, Polinsky).
30. To Market, To Market – 2005 (S. Hegde, M. Schmidt).