@bul:* The questionable pathogenicity of Blastocytis, a ptorist closely related to amoeboflagellates
* Discussion of Giardia and the evidence of early branching of the eukaryotic stem
* Full overview of current knowledge of the immunology of Leishmania
* Explanation of the way trypanosomatids transport nutrients and ions across their membranes
* A review of the biology of the coccidian parasites of fish with extensive illustrations
* A review of the sexuality of parasitic crustaceans
This volume of Advances in Parasitology has a predominantly protozoological flavor.
Parasitologists in all branches of the subject, as well as zoologists and microbiologists.
Advances in Parasitology, 1st Edition
Balstocystis in Humans and Animals: Morphology, Biology and Epizootiology, P.F.L. Boreham and D.J. Stenzel
Giardia and Giadiasis, R.C.A. Thompson and J.A. Reynoldson
Immunology of Leishmaniasis, F.Y. Liew and C.A. O'Donnell
Transport of Nutrients and Ions across Membranes of Trypanosomatid Parasites, D. Zilberstein
The Biology of Fish Coccidia, A.J. Davies and S.J. Ball
The Sexuality of Parasitic Crustaceans, A. Raibaut and J.P. Trilles
Quotes and reviews
@from:Praise for the Series
@qu:"The policy of the editors of Advances in Parasitology to include reviews from any aspect of parasitology and the high standard of individual papers have resulted in this series of volumes becoming an indispensable source for students, teachers and research workers."
@source:--ANNALS OF TROPICAL MEDICINE AND PARASITOLOGY