- Relevant parts of the language are introduced and explained when required for those new to the subject
- Core principles are introduced gradually for self-paced learning
- Explains how and why a software program works, and how to alter and expand the code
PIC Projects and Applications Using C details how to program the PIC microcontroller in the C language. The book takes a learn-by-doing approach, with applications covering topics such as inputs, outputs, keypads, alphanumeric displays, analogue-to-digital conversion, radio transmitters and receivers, data EEPROM, interrupts and timing. To aid debugging, the book provides a section detailing the use of the simulator and in-circuit debugger.
With this book you will learn:
- How to program the PIC microcontroller in C
- Techniques for using the simulator and debuggers to find faults on your code
- The ins and outs of interfacing circuits, such as radio modules and liquid crystal displays
- How to use the PIC on-board functions, such as interrupts and timing modules, and make analogue measurements
Electronics engineers, including embedded systems designers and control engineers, technicians in industry, hobbyists needing a more complete grounding in microcontroller principles and applications. Students taking introductory level classes in courses in electronics / microelectronics.