- A unique "Lessons Learned/Best Practices" component opens and acts as a framework for each chapter. Readers not only become familiar with a wide array of industrial rotating machinery; they learn how to operate and maintain it by adopting the troubleshooting perspective that the book provides.
- Five chapters of completely new material combined with totally updated material from earlier volumes of Forsthoffer’s Handbook make this the most comprehensive and up-to-date handbook for rotary equipment currently.
- Users of Forsthoffer’s multi-volume Rotating Equipment Handbooks now have an updated set, with expanded coverage, all in one convenient, reasonably-priced volume.
Optimize plant asset safety and reliability while minimizing operating costs with this invaluable guide to the engineering, operation and maintenance of rotating equipment
Based upon his multi-volume Rotating Equipment Handbooks, Forsthoffer’s Best Practice Handbook for Rotating Machinery summarises, expands and updates the content from these previous books in a convenient all-in-one volume. Offering comprehensive technical coverage and insider information on best practices derived from lessons learned in the engineering, operation and maintenance of a wide array of rotating equipment, this new title presents:
- A unique "Best Practice" and "Lessons Learned" chapter framework, providing bite-sized, troubleshooting instruction on complex operation and maintenance issues across a wide array of industrial rotating machinery.
- Five chapters of completely new material combined with updated material from earlier volumes, making this the most comprehensive and up-to-date handbook for rotary equipment currently available.
Intended for maintenance, engineering, operation and management, Forsthoffer’s Best Practice Handbook for Rotating Machinery is a one-stop resource, packed with a lifetime’s rotating machinery experience, to help you improve efficiency, safety, reliability and cost.
This book is relevant to you if you are an operator, maintenance engineer or technician, especially in gas, oil, water, mining, chemical, power and other process industries. Alternatively, if you are a middle manager you will appreciate the "best practices" framework of this book, which allows for quick and easy reference of tested and proven best practices in global equipment.