- All six volumes are published at the same time, not as a series; this is not a conventional encyclopedia but a symbiotic integration of brief articles on established topics and longer chapters on new emerging areas.
- Hyperlinks provide sources of extensive additional related information; material authored and edited by world-renown experts in all aspects of the broad multidisciplinary field of biotechnology
- Scope and nature of the work are vetted by a prestigious International Advisory Board including three Nobel laureates
- Each article carries a glossary and a professional summary of the authors indicating their appropriate credentials
- An extensive index for the entire publication gives a complete list of the many topics treated in the increasingly expanding field
The second edition of Comprehensive Biotechnology continues the tradition of the first inclusive work on this dynamic field with up-to-date and essential entries on the principles and practice of biotechnology. The integration of the latest relevant science and industry practice with fundamental biotechnology concepts is presented with entries from internationally recognized world leaders in their given fields. With two volumes covering basic fundamentals, and four volumes of applications, from environmental biotechnology and safety to medical biotechnology and healthcare, this work serves the needs of newcomers as well as established experts combining the latest relevant science and industry practice in a manageable format. It is a multi-authored work, written by experts and vetted by a prestigious advisory board and group of volume editors who are biotechnology innovators and educators with international influence.
Researchers, administrators, instructors and students(especially graduates and upper undergraduates) involved in biotechnology-related activities (academia, government, industry, medicine, agriculture, environment concerns, regulatory issues); university departments with programs/courses in the Life Sciences (especially microbiology, molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics, genetics) and in bio-engineering (especially biochemical engineering, biological engineering, biomedical engineering, environmental engineering, food engineering, pharmaceutical engineering, agricultural engineering); useful for both neophytes and veterans of the field of biotechnology.