- CD-ROM bound into book presents five cases of varying difficulty with interactive exercises that allow users to plan treatment.
- What's the Evidence? boxes link clinical decision-making and treatment planning strategies to current research.
- In Clinical Practice boxes highlight specific clinical situations faced by the general dentist.
- Review Questions and Suggested Projects, located at the end of each chapter, summarize and reinforce important concepts presented in the book.
- Key Terms and Glossary highlights the terms that are most important to the reader.
- Suggested Readings lists included at the end of most chapters provide supplemental resources.